Sunday, August 23, 2009

pudding in a cloud

the hubby: "do you like chocolate pudding?"
me: "sure...why?"
the hubby: "will you make pudding in a cloud?"
me: "what the heck is pudding in a cloud???"

i've learned a lot from being married...
how to make crab cakes
how to quickly and neatly fold 17 white t-shirts in one load of laundry
how to keep the bedroom cool enough for the hubby but warm enough for me to fall asleep
...and now i can add one more to that list - pudding in a cloud.

chocolate pudding
whippy cream (his words - not mine!)
chocolate pudding
whippy cream
...enough so you can see each layer.

chocolate pudding
from smitten kitchen

i love that this pudding doesn't use egg yolks as a thickener (made me feel better about my thighs as i was licking the spoon). the only downside is that it didn't seem to have the silky rich smoothness that comes from using egg yolks. don't get me wrong - the pudding was silky and rich - but i almost felt like i could feel the granularity of the cornstarch (could totally just be me). but i also liked that there is some variability in the chocolate. you can turn up the intensity of the chocolate by using a darker chocolate (i used 70% which made for a pronounced C H O C O L A T E flavor).

No comments:

Post a Comment